This event is now over
Project Management Institute
Pune Deccan-India Chapter
Making project management indispensable for business results. ®
Invitation for the 101st Monthly Seminar
PMI Pune Deccan-India Chapter is pleased to invite you for interesting and thought provoking seminar:
Speaker 1: Mr. Raju Rao, Founder & Consultant, Xtraplus Solutions
Raju Rao, is Founder and Principal Consultant of Xtraplus Solutions, a consulting and training organization for project management . He consults with organizations on instituting project management methodology and improving maturity in organizations and conducts customized and advanced training programs. He has a strong interest in project management as it is practiced worldwide through its standards and developments and keenly promotes project management in India and abroad by speaking at various forums and conferences and by active participation in professional organizations .
Raju has been involved in process development, engineering, commissioning and project management over a period of about 25 years in India and the Middle East. His exposure is in process, chemical, mechanical, plastics industry and IT industry . He has worked with manufacturing, and engineering / consulting organizations and has been an entrepreneur and independent consultant as part of his professional career.
He has spoken at various seminars and conferences around at the world on topics which include Organizational maturity , India Vision 2020 and also writes on topics related to project management .He is co-author of two books - Project Management Circa 2025 and Organizational Project Management . He has been a Visiting / Adjunct Faculty at the Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai and Sastra University, Thanjavur ,South India .
Raju holds a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Madras and certificates in Advanced Project Management from Stanford University. He is a certified PMP and SCPM (Stanford Certified Project Manager) and has been involved in development of many standards of PMI .He has been on Advisory board for OPM3 Professionals and is a certified PMI OPM3 Professional . He is the President of South India Section of AACE International , has been a Global Correspondent from India for PM Forum and is the Founder of the Indian Project Management Forum , an initiative to focus on India based issues and topics in Project Management .He is currently on the Leadership Team for Awards for PMI India.
Topic 1: Indians and team work - a glass ceiling ?
Are Indians able to work effectively in teams? Whether in the corporate world , the government , sports or in the society we can see many examples where team based work has been challenging. This is more visible when we compare with groups or organizations in other parts of the world. Is it because of cultural habits or just inability to follow processes. Can we find a way out? This talk will look at the strengths and weaknesses of Indians with respect to working in teams and seek possible solutions. Working in teams is after all the heart of project management and it is important we address the issues.
Monthly seminar is FREE FOR ALL / NO Entry FEE; However, prior registration is necessary
1. Please share this information with other interested acquaintances / your friends, they need not have to be Pune Deccan Chapter member
2. Practicing PMPs can earn 1 to 2 PDUs by attending seminar
3. Non paid members may subscribe to On Target Newsletter by paying marginal amount of INR 100/- annually. All payments must be paid in advance. Checks payable to: "PMI Pune-Deccan India Chapter", Payable at: Pune, India. You may bring the check on seminar day and handover to Sangeeta Zaparde (Finance Director), Shyam Bhavsar (Marketing & Communications Director) OR Himanshu Warudkar (Programs Director). Please write your Name, email ID & Date of Subscription backside of the check.
To subscribe to PMI Pune-Deccan India Chapter yahoo group:
1. Visit http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/pmi-pune-chapter and click on - Join this group! button.
2. Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with following information: Name, Personal Email, Home Phone, Mobile No, Company Name, Work Email, Work Phone, Designation, PMI Member (paid $129 for new & $65 for renewing PMI Members)? Pune Chapter Member (paid $10)?
3. Chapter website: www.pmipunechapter. org
Contact Anuradha - email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
March 09, 2013
9:30 am to 11:45 am
Off Law College Road